Sunday, April 8, 2012

Wedding Plans

So, tomorrow I get to celebrate 19 years of marriage. Yes, I still like him. OF course I love him - but it helps that I still like him and enjoy him quite much. I love our family. 

Right now, we are in the very beginning stages of exploring Catholicism. Yes, we have been protestants our whole lives and have been raising our children in the Church of Christ arena ... and now we are attending Mass every Sunday. We really like a parish close to our home called St. Anthony Mary of Claret. 

So - sexy hubby has a great idea. He wants us to get married (renew our vows) in the Catholic Church on our 20th wedding anniversary. So - - on April 9, 2013 (which is a Tuesday I think) ... we will have a Catholic Church wedding. Our original wedding was very simple. I wore a pink dress, he wore a suit - no attendants. It was lovely, but small and quickly planned. I think we planned the whole thing in less than two weeks. SO for this wedding, I want to wear a beautiful white gown, since I never did. Neither one of us have ever been married to anyone else .. and the idea of renewing our vows and having a beautiful Catholic Church wedding - - it makes me smile. 

But it also makes me realize that I want to get into the best shape of my life. What better motivation do I have, besides longevity of course. I have come a long way in my healthy habits and wellness adventures, but I seem to be stuck in a rut, and I can do better. I've been sort of 'winging it', as I hate to plan. Time to change that. I have exactly one year to shrink my rear and wear the dress of my dreams. 

Don't worry - I'm not doing anything drastic or crazy. I don't believe in pills or fad diets. I honestly believe that CLEAN eating is the only way to achieve true total wellness and get my weight moving in the right direction again. I'm already smaller than I was on my original wedding day ... but I can do better. Is it crazy that I want to be rockin' HOT and sizzlin' sexy in a gorgeous gown? Hey, I'm a girl - I'm allowed. 

Wish me luck. Here is my original wedding photo. 

 

As always, make champion choices,
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment