Saturday, September 15, 2012

A SAD Diet

"I know people who have lost weight and reversed disease on raw, vegan, paleo, primal, low carb, low fat, DASH, 80/10/10, Mediterranean, etc, ad nauseum. The common denominator in ALL the diets I've seen people have success with: switching from SAD* to whole foods." 

*SAD = Standard American Diet 

That's why we don't advocate a specific diet, and why many of us poke at any dogmatic philosophy that claims it is the ONE True Ideal Human Diet. On the other hand, any diet that emphasizes real whole foods gets MY stamp of approval! Now if someone wants to follow said particular diets above, including all of the ones I listed there, I'm okay with it... especially if it works for you and you're successful. I'm not ANTI-anything, other than dogma of course. 

Rule of thumb: "If it comes from a plant, it's good for you. If it's made 'in' a plant, it's not." 

 

As always, make champion choices,
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment