Wednesday, July 2, 2014

My Butt Fit in a Tube

Photo Source:  Sea World/Aquatica San Antonio
God Bless the NSV (Non-Scale Victory).  Once upon a time, whenever I was at a water park, or in a natural river where people were floating on inner tubes, I did not participate.  I would watch, or walk alongside, but I never actually hurled my body up into the inner tube and spread out on it, like all of the millions of people do every single day, it seems.  The above photo (which is not me, by the way), is an example of what I would do - walk alongside in the lazy river, or real river, or whatever ... playfully giggle with one of my children, pretend to chase, or maybe swim if we were in something I could actually swim within.  But my badonkadonk did not touch the tube.  Nope, no way.  Never even tried.

Until last year, that is.  I did try last year.  I failed miserably.  It was actually embarrassing.  It was at Sea World/Aquatica here in San Antonio.  I made a fool of myself trying to hurl my physique into the shiny slippery floating thing.  I gave up.  I saw plenty of people, obese and all, accomplishing this task.  Why couldn't I?  No clue.  I just said 'forget it', and moved on.

Yesterday; however, I did it.  Woo Hoo.  You know what else?  It wasn't even hard.  I did it quickly and without trouble. While I have no photo to prove it, as my camera was locked away in a locker, it will be etched in my memory well into old age.  My 5 year old son is now big enough to have his own tube, and I had a tube, and we just floated on that Loggerhead Lane river over and over.  We would drift under water falls, and get splashed, and bounced, and it was amazing.  The sheer look of joy on my son's face was priceless.  I imagine my face was pretty giddy as well.

Despite some fatigued muscles and pink skin, it was a spectacular day.  This mama slept well.  Now here is a photo that really is of me, and my lovely companions.


As always, make champion choices,
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment