Sunday, March 23, 2014

Are You Present?


Bear with me for a moment, for this is not in the context of gloom... but gratitude. I would love for people to shift whatever may be on their hearts, optimistically, to gratitude! I'm suggesting a way to live... where we are in love with life, and present.

Do you fear death?  Some people do and I get that.  I think some people fear death because they crave life. Often, we fear death because we think there's something to get that we haven't experienced yet. Many people feel that death will take something away from them. A wise person realizes that death is constantly giving them something. Death is giving meaning to our lives. Humans are the ones who throw life away. Too many people waste every second of it. They get in their car, drive from here to there, and they don't SEE anything. It's like they're not even there. They are too busy thinking about what they are going to do next. They are a week ahead of themselves, or even a month or more. They are not living their life; they are simply existing.  Well some people are anyway. So it is humans that throw life away, not the event of death. The prospect of death actually helps us get our life back; by making us pay more attention to the moment. It makes one say, "My gosh,what if I lose this? I could orphan my children.  From now on I'm going to pay more attention to my health, my family, and to all my friends and loved ones. I want to get so much more out of life!"

I do not share these thoughts with you from any other perspective than as someone who adores life, loves others, and lives in the moment I am in!  But I am also a Christian, and I do not fear death because only the Lord God controls life and death, and when I die, greater glory awaits.  But don't worry, I'm not in a hurry. Just know that part of my mission is this: If I can maybe make someone else smile in their own particular situation; with gratitude instead of fear; I am successful. Don't worry ... I am not dying or anything, I am perfectly healthy ... I am just feeling blessed.  Take time to stop and look at the bluebonnets, smile at a stranger, put down your phone sometimes, be PRESENT in your interactions ... and always and tip the server well.   Carry on.

As always, make champion choices,
Debra

Photo Credit:  Linda Long Goodman

No comments:

Post a Comment