Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Confessions of a Freaky Eater

So I have not been the best blogger.  Inspiration hits, and then it doesn't.  But I am busy raising kids and enjoying life.  I have something most people would call [Selective Eating Disorder] and joined a great group of folks on FB that share a similar fate.   I'm working on it, little by little.  I can try a few things here and there, whereas I never would before.  I now eat scrambled eggs, yay me!  I've also added some fruits to my diet.  Still working on the veggies, kinda, really, not so much honestly - - lol !  God bless Smoothies, that's all I can say :)

Here is a poem I wrote a long time ago that kind of talks about how I am ... thought I'd share.  It just makes me so happy that I have found other people out there in the world, all shapes and sizes and walks of life, that are kind  of like me.

Here is a poem I wrote a long time ago, I've actually made progress since then (a little), but thought maybe some can relate ...

Confessions of a Freaky Eater

Take a peek-a-boo glance, into the interesting life …
Of a picky-eating mom and happily married wife.
I refuse to be ashamed, of the way that I am …
and why do you care - if I love jelly, but not jam.

I adore peanut butter, and I eat a ton of nuts …
but can't stand veggies, no if's – and's – or butts.
I'm a chicken finger fool, as long as they're fried -
but you better not spill any sauces on the side!

Tomatoes are forbidden, yet somehow I like chili –
& I know other folks, just think that's really silly.
Hamburgers are okay – if plain and totally dry …
& DON'T scrape off the cheese – just don't even try!

I do love my oatmeal – and can enjoy tuna fish -
but of course, never together, not in the same dish.
My drinks must have ice, but no lemon in my tea -
& even though, I love the smell –
I cannot stand black coffee.

I hate pasta and rice – & like very little bread,
and truth be told – I prefer plain pancakes instead.
I hate the smell of eggs, but can eat French Toast…
and since I hate to cook, I am not the best host.

I never dine on Pizza – or Italian food of any kind …
I never eat Chinese; the smell alone, makes me blind.
Forget about Mexican; those rice and beans are gross!
No chips or salsa for me,
not even the smallest dose.

No salads for this lady. No casseroles – no quiche.
And if I say " no thanks"; I really mean it – SHEESH!
Now I do love bananas, and apples and oranges too -
and I might eat some grapes, but only just a few.

Now this is just a "taste"; or a sample of who I am;
a gal who hates hot dogs – but doesn't mind spam.
If you understand me,GREAT,but if you don't, oh well!
I just pray you're never plagued ...
-- - with such sensitivity
to texture & smell.

Written by: Debra Sue Higginbotham

As always, make champion choices,
Debra Sue

1 comment: