Friday, April 12, 2013

Liebster Award

Well, apparently I've been given the Liebster Award.  If you don't know what that is, don't feel bad, I had not a clue.

"Liebster" is German for "dearest" and it's a blogger to blogger award for those having 200 or fewer followers/members, so they can get more exposure. Well, I'm ALL for spreading the love, so -- it is with blushing cheeks and humble gratitude, that I happily accept.  SO a big fat Thank you to Patsy from http://myarmsopenwide.blogspot.com/ for the great honor.  Smooches to you my friend.



Of course, there are rules, gotta love rules:

1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less, who you feel deserve to be noticed, and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been nominated.
5. Answer the 11 questions the blogger presented you with, create 11 questions for the blogs you are nominating, and list 11 facts about yourself.

The Obligatory Questions I Must Answer:

1. Why did you start your blog?   I want to share my journey and hopefully provide some insight and motivation along the way.  I've learned a lot through self-study and personal success, and if I can save someone else a bit of stress or information overload, then that's even better.

2. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?  I hate this question.  Sorry, Patsy... I love you dearly, but I hate this question.  I have no idea.  This would require planning, and I am terrible at that, lol.  I'm the spontaneous girl dreamer with my head in the clouds.   I hope to have finished my bach. degree in 10 years and have my personal trainer certification completed.  I also hope some of my children have flown the coop by then. LOL

3. Would you support me in my endeavor to be Queen of our country?  Absolutely.  It's nice to have connections ya know.

4. What is your dream that you're afraid to talk about but secretly think about all the time?  It's not a secret, but it is my dream to be a published author.  I don't really have any secret dreams, and any that may qualify would affect the nature of this blog and hurl it into an entirely different audience and category, tee hee.

5. Of course, because I love to read, what's your favorite book?  Can I choose the easy way out and say 'The Bible'?   No, I didn't think so.  I'm in the midst of chaos and raising 4 lovely children right now, that is the season of my life, and I fear I do not read quite the way I wish I could.  If it's not Oxygen magazine or New Rules for Lifting for Women, I'm not sure.  You know what, I'm sticking with 'The Bible' ... you can't go wrong with that one.

6. If you had total control of the world, what are 3 things that you would do immediately, aside from crowning me Queen?   (1)  Crown Patsy Queen.   (2)  Eliminate persecution of Christians.  (3)  Create universal money. (4) Find a book to read.

7. What is one goal that you achieved that you are most proud of (not counting family)?  I lost over 100 pounds.  Well, I don't like to say I lost them, let's say I released them. 

8. What are you working hardest at right now?  Does raising children count?  Well aside from that, working hard on getting some medical mysteries of mine figured out and continuing on my health journey.

9. What is the most hilarious thing that has ever happened to you?  My whole life is a comedy act it seems.  Hard to pick one thing.  My wedding was pretty hilarious.  Groom/hubby lost his glasses, I had to drive, we had a flat tire, we got lost in a graveyard in the rain trying to put flowers from my wedding on my mother's grave.  Yeah, things like that happen to me all the time, lol.

10. Finish this sentence: In 2013, I will _____________________.  I will finish my personal trainer certification.

11. They're making a movie about your life. Who would  you choose to play your part?  Meryl Streep of course.  Is there any other choice?  I think not.


The Obligatory 11 Facts I Must Provide:


1. I use to work for the FBI.
2. I love lima beans.
3. I hate pizza.
4. I collect watches.
5. I wear mis-matched socks on purpose.
6. I love bridges.
7. I've driven across the USA twice (coast to coast)
8. I can pinch you with my toes like nobody's business.
9. I've been married for 20 years to the same glorious man.
10. I have four children, but have hosted dozens of foreign exchange students and foster children over the years.  Right now we are hosting a girl from Taiwan.
11. Two of my children were spontaneously born on holidays (Halloween and Valentine's Day)

The Questions My Nominees Must Answer: 


1. Why did you start your blog?
2.  Do you have a target audience for your blog?
3. What is your overall message you want the world to hear?
4.  What do you do about haters?
5.  Do you have a Facebook Page, if so, what is it?
6.  Who would you just LOVE to interview and blog about?
7.  If you could have a celebrity endorse your blog for free, who would you pick?
8.  Who are your heroes?
9.  What is your guilty pleasure?
10. If you could have an all-expense paid convention for all of your blog followers, where would it be?
11. Would you consider writing a book based on your blog?


Now the moment you've been waiting for (well, maybe) ... my 11 nominees for this very prestigious award ... drum roll please ... and they are:


1.  The Chicken Scoop
2.  Tri To Be Fit
3.  Living The Fit Life
4.  Fabulous Fitness
5.  Dimples Does It
6.  It All Makes a Difference
7.  Living Life in Louie
8.  Chell's Journey
9.  Girls Gone Healthy
10. Eat Good 4 Life
11.  Fit for Faith



Check out their blogs, and tell them Healthy Habit Girl sent you.  Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Gal! And I LOVE your answers! So fun and very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for nominating me! I feel so special! I follow a few blogs, but I wasn't sure how to nominate blogs with less than 200 followers. any suggestions? thank you again!

    ReplyDelete