Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Fiction, Take Me Away!


Lord knows, this mama loves books ... I have entirely too many books.  I think I probably need to gather some up and donate to Good Will or try to sell them at Half Price Books here locally.  Some people suggest selling them on the internet, but honestly - that's more work than I care to get into at the moment, especially during the Christmas holiday season.

One thing I have asked for as a 'gift' this holiday season is a KindleFire.  I don't know if I am going to get it or not, but I am pretty convinced it would be a fun toy.   I have no intention to abandon the good old fashioned book that you can hold in your hand and write in the margins, but there are plenty of things I imagine would do well in an electronic format.  What about you?  Have you gone over the fence to electronic reading, or do you still have piles and piles of books in your home like I do?  Granted, most of mine are on shelves, but I do have piles here and there as well.   This picture above is just a small sampling of my inventory, not nearly everything I own.

But it occurred to me - - I never read fiction anymore.  I seemed to be consumed with health and fitness and motivation, and nutrition and things like that.  I am studying to become a certified personal trainer, and so everything I read - seems to be along those lines.  I think I need a good old fashioned romance novel or adventure story.  Not sure what I need - but I think I am longing for an enchanting story to take me away to far off islands or something.   I need suggestions.  GO!  What fiction books do you suggest?  And don't say '50 Shades of Grey'.

As always, make champion choices,
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment