Thursday, June 26, 2014

Get Your Swim On!

Do you like to swim?  I do. I absolutely love it.  I crave it.  I won't join a gym unless there is a pool available.  Summer time, especially, provides  perfect opportunities for you to de-stress yourself by giving your body a chance to release stress ... you can do this by swimming and socializing with other people.

Did you know that swimming:

  • Improves flexibility and strength 
  • Builds up endurance 
  • Increases muscular flexibility 
  • Muscular balance 
  • Heart muscle becomes stronger 
  • Improves the physique 
  • Increases circulation 
  • Rehabilitates muscles 
  • Improved ability to control and maintain healthy weight 
  • Releases stress and tension 
  • Renews energy

So, add the element of socializing - and this ultimately helps you develop a positive attitude, contributes to a sense of well-being, teaches patience, overflows in fun, is enjoyable and you get to fellowship with others.  Or go alone and enjoy some private time of peace and focused exercise.  Either way, it does a body good.

Sometimes I will go to the gym and leave my kids in the child care area FIRST, so I can swim alone and do intentional exercise, and then go get them, and have fun family time playing with them in the water.

Aqua exercise can be a lifesaver, literally ... especially when I weighed over 300 pounds ... it was about the only exercise I could accomplish due to the amazing anti-gravity feature :)

So do tell ... how do you like to get your swim on?  In a pool, in a lake, in a river, in an ocean, in a hot tub? :)  Let me hear from you!


This photo is of me, today, at Lifetime Fitness.


As always, make champion choices,
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment