Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Define Your Flight Plan

So, I read a book called "7 Habits of Highly Effective Families"! So, In this book, Stephen Covey compares a successful family to an airplane pilot with a flight plan. For the pilot, the flight plan identifies the destination and outlines the path to getting there. But during the course of the flight ... things like wind, rain, turbulence, air traffic, human error and other factors act upon that plane. Throughout the trip, there are slight deviations from the flight plan. But barring anything too major, the plane will arrive at its destination because the pilot is constantly adjusting to get back on course and get BACK to the flight plan. He used a statistic saying pilots are off their flight plan like 90 - 99% of the time - but the reason they arrive at the correct destination is because they are constantly working to adjust for the interruptions and get back to the PLAN.

I believe that this principle can be used towards your fitness and wellness goals as well. We need to make sure we have a unique "flight plan" that reflects our values and principles ... and one that that enables us to successfully handle problems and thus reach our desired "destination."

I always say 'A Goal Without A Plan Is Just A Wish' ! I even got an artist friend of mine to paint it on a wooden sign so I can hang it in my house. I love this daily reminder to constantly adjust my course to stay on PLAN and reach my DESTINATION.


As always, make champion choices,
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment